- What’s in it for me?
- Why do I need a “Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment”?
- How do I get a FREE “Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment”?
- Who performs the “Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment”?
- What can I expect during a Comprehensive Home Energy Assessment?
- What kind of changes might be recommended?
- How do I pick a qualified contractor?
- How long does the work typically take?
- I have questions about my assessment and what it recommends. Whom should I contact?
- What are options for financing energy improvements?
- What are the options for financing energy improvements if I am a Commercial or NFP Property Owner?
- Are there incentives to help pay for energy efficiency improvements?
Lower utility bills and a safer, more comfortable home are the big benefits of home energy efficiency. By combining proper equipment maintenance and upgrades with recommended insulation, air sealing, and thermostat settings, you can cut your energy use for heating and cooling - and reduce environmental emissions - from 20-50%. Energy escapes through hidden holes between walls, and in the basement and attic. You can find out where these holes are and how to close them with a thorough “diagnosis” of your home called a “comprehensive home energy assessment.”
Your assessment will identify the specific energy efficiency opportunities in your home and give you information that will help you decide what makes sense for you like the how long each measure will take to pay for itself.
If you are confused about the process, your post-assessment report, financing, or technical issues, you can get answers by...
Homeowners making energy efficiency improvements to their homes through the Home Performance program can receive 10% cash back New York State! Income qualified homeowners can qualify for up to 50% subsidy. See this page on financing, incentives and subsidies.